OPEN DAY SUCCESS
We want to express how grateful we are to those who attended the open day at the weekend. The fantastic ideas which were contributed are going towards a greater plan for improvement and sustainability for South Square.
For more info on how to continue your involvement please see below.
JOAN DAY PAINTING BURSARY
South Square Gallery is pleased to offer an annual bursary to support an emerging artist to exhibit new and recent work in the gallery.
Info on how to apply here.
Deadline 5pm Monday 10 April 2017.
Our next opening is Friday 5 May 2017 featuring a unique collaboration between South Square and Cliffe Castle Museum. More info coming soon...
THORNTON COMMUNITY LIBRARY
South Square Centre are pleased to announce that as of 1st April 2017 Thornton Library on Market Street is now community run. South Square Centre have acted as the accountable organisation for the Library and there is a new library committee running the space. The group includes Dave Chapman, Jacky Payne, Manny McKenzie, Clive Richardson, Gordon Payne, Cllr Sue Duffy and Cllr Richard Dunbar. The library is still in need of volunteers so please do get in touch if you are interested in being involved: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also you can keep update with Thornton Community Libraries activities by following their Facebook page.VOLUNTEERS WANTED
South Square has always been run by a dedicated team of volunteers supported by a minimal team of part time staff and the good will and enthusiasm of its tenants and users. In order to achieve our greater ambitions we need to step up this support which, in these crucial early stages, means there are plenty of ways in which you can help. Support us and get involved by…
• becoming a tenant
• becoming a volunteer
• becoming a member
• helping to spread the word about our events and activities
• organising a fund/awareness raising event
• supporting the cafe, shop and other businesses in the Centre
• contributing to our crowd funder which will provide much needed resources to buy in expertise and professional services, as well as go towards the maintenance and upkeep of the building
• becoming a steering group member: we need people with expertise in legal and building asset management to assist the administration in a Community Asset Transfer.
• booking the facilities at South Square. Do you have a session you'd like to run at South Square; yoga, craft, book groups etc.
Opening Hours | Tuesday - Sunday | 12 - 3pm | And by appointment
Images and text copyright of South Square Centre 2016
South Square, Thornton, Bradford, BD13 3LD
Email: email@example.com | Telephone: +44 (0)1274 834 747
Design: Qubik | Built with Indexhibit