- This event has passed.
Between Eating and Sleeping
May 22, 2018 @ 5:00 pm - 6:30 pm
Toby P Lloyd’s project, Between Eating and Sleeping, explores public attitudes to work (paid and unpaid), how we value of free-time and potential futures of work, including policies like Universal Basic Income.*
Lloyd is interested in hearing your opinions on what the future holds for you and your feelings about the direction we are heading collectively. He will start conversations by asking these 3 questions:
Conversations will be informal and can cover any topic that you feel is relevant but Lloyd is keen to hear their views about the following subjects:
- What do we mean when we say ‘work’?
- How are identities and status in society constructed?
- Mental and physical health, how do we care for each other?
- Automation and the future of work
- Would Universal Basic Income enable us to become more active citizens?
Your identity will be kept anonymous and all personal information will be kept confidential.
Examples of other peoples’ responses and more information about the project can be found here: www.tobyphipslloyd.co.uk
* Universal Basic Income is a monthly payment to all citizens of a geographic area that would cover the basic cost of living, regardless of their current or future income, resources, household or employment status.
Drop in, Free Event with Nibbles provided by Plenty.