South Square Centre is run by Thornton and Allerton Community Association and is a registered charity. The centre is managed on a part-time basis by a small team of staff. South Square Centre’s success builds on the commitment of its volunteers. To enable us to sustain the future of this facility for the residents of Thorton we invite individuals to support the centre through donating their time and skills.
There are several ways in which you can volunteer. Examples of types of volunteering include:
- Helping with maintenance around the centre
- Setting up for events and exhibitions
- Supporting during events by running an activity or welcoming visitors
- Helping to distribute flyers and posters around the village
- Helping us to spruce up the centreand make it appealling to visitors
- Donating skills and knowledge relating to legal, building and asset management
There is no minimum time commitment and we are grateful for any time that you can give up. We can match your best qualities and skills to tasks which would be best suited to you. Volunteering is a great way to learn new skills, increase employability, meet new people and become more involved in life at South Square Centre. We welcome everyone and hope to be able to support volunteers in their aims as much as they support us in ours.